Thursday, August 17, 2017

What Makes Jesus Christ Different From All The Great Philosophers and Founders of the World's Religions?


All the great philosophers of old, and the founders of the world's religions had great ideas, perhaps they had good intentions too, but they couldn’t give life to anybody. They themselves died and found themselves helpless in the hands of death, utterly defeated and swallowed up by the grave. And those who follow after them will no doubt suffer the same fate, because the disciple cannot be greater than his master. But Jesus Christ came into the world not just with great ideas, not just with good intentions, but with WORDS OF LIFE. In fact, He was the only Man to ever claim to be THE RESURRECTION and THE LIFE (see John 11:25, with John 14:6), and then prove it by His death and resurrection. All the great philosophers of the world spoke mere human words, words of the flesh which could not give life to anyone. But when Jesus came, He said, "It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. THE WORDS THAT I SPEAK TO YOU ARE SPIRIT, and THEY ARE LIFE." (John 6:63 NKJV). And so Jesus spoke words that gave life to men. He spoke the words of God the Father (see John 12:49-50), the words of life. The apostle John says of Jesus, that, "In Him was life, and the life was the light of men." (John 1:4 NKJV). Yes, Jesus also died; yes, He was also buried; but what sets Him apart is that He was raised from the dead on the third day, thereby proving His deity -- proving that He is over all the eternally blessed God. Amen. (see Romans 9:5; 1 Timothy 3:16; Acts 20:28). Before His death, Jesus had said, “My Father loves Me, because I lay down My life that I may take it again. NO ONE TAKES IT FROM Me, but I LAY IT DOWN of Myself. I have POWER to lay it down, and I have POWER TO TAKE IT AGAIN. This command I have received from My Father.” (see John 10:17‭-‬18 NKJV). And Jesus was right. He did just that -- He laid down His life, and He took it again. Truly, He is risen! He is alive forevermore! The Bible says that Jesus presented Himself ALIVE to His disciples after His suffering “BY MANY INFALLIBLE PROOFS, being seen by them during forty days and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God.” (see Acts 1:3).

Thus, the resurrection of Jesus Christ is truth which cannot be denied, for it is supported by many infallible proofs; it is a divine truth, and it is a historical fact. Jesus, finding Himself in the hands of death, and coming face-to-face with the devil who had the power of death, tied the devil up, stripped him of all his power, and destroyed him. (see Hebrews 2:14, with Colossians 2:15). Then He walked out of the grave with the keys of hell and of death. When He appeared to John in a vision, He laid His right hand on him, saying to him, “Do not be afraid; I am the First and the Last. I am He who lives, and was dead, and behold, I AM ALIVE FOREVERMORE. Amen. And I HAVE THE KEYS OF HADES AND OF DEATH." (Revelation 1:17‭-‬18 NKJV). What a glorious declaration of victory!

Indeed, our Savior Jesus Christ "has ABOLISHED DEATH and BROUGHT LIFE and IMMORTALITY to light through the gospel," (see II Timothy 1:10 NKJV). Today all you have to do to receive this life and IMMORTALITY Jesus brought is to believe the gospel. “Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved, you and your household.” (Acts 16:31 NKJV). Jesus Himself said, “I am the resurrection and THE LIFE. He who believes in Me, THOUGH HE MAY DIE, he SHALL LIVE. And whoever lives and believes in Me SHALL NEVER DIE. Do you believe this?” (John 11:25‭-‬26 NKJV). Truly, those who believe in the Lord Jesus Christ do not die; we only fall asleep, and when we are absent from this earthly body, we are still alive, present with the Lord Jesus Christ in Heaven. (see 2 Corinthians 5:8). Glory to God! Soon, when the Lord Jesus Christ comes back in glory, and we are already asleep in Christ, our bodies will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. "For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. So when this corruptible has put on incorruption, and this mortal has put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written: “Death is swallowed up in victory.” (I Corinthians 15:53‭-‬54 NKJV). Hallelujah!

Accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior today, and you will have life. The Bible says,  "And this is the testimony: that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life." (I John 5:11‭-‬12 NKJV). "Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.” (Acts 4:12 NKJV). If you are ready to sincerely give Jesus your heart, to make HIM your Lord and Savior and thus receive eternal life, pray this prayer from your heart: “Almighty God, Your Word says that if I confess my sins, You are faithful and just to forgive me my sins and to cleanse me from ALL unrighteousness. Today I acknowledge and confess that I am a sinner in need of salvation, and I thank you for sending your beloved Son, Jesus Christ to die for me and to bear the judgment for my sins. I believe that Jesus Christ was crucified for my sins and was raised from the dead for my justification. I accept Jesus today as my Lord and Savior. And I thank You that I have received eternal life in the name of Jesus. Amen.”

Please share this message. Be blessed.

I share this message, “For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.” (Romans 1:16).

To learn more, order my glorious book, "Spirit Life"

No comments:

Post a Comment